Sunday, August 12, 2007

Hello All...Here's Something New!

I am still here in the land of the living. I am blogging at the internet station of the public library. This will have to do until I have paid off my debt (ala the Dave Ramsey plan) and get my DSL turned back on.
I am doing well. Still working at the South Bend Police Department (dispatching) and still singing with the Vocal Team at GCC.
Speaking of GCC....this last Thursday night at New Community, the speaker was teaching on a passage dealing with the character of Benaniah (the son of Jehoida). Among other things this young man did, he 'chased a lion into a pit!' Did you catch that? He CHASED a lion! Well, the crux of the message was whether we as Christ-followers wanted to just run from risky lives and choices (or even just flirt with them), or did we want to do something totally unexpected and powerful?
Well, during this message - I felt a fire being lit under me. I have always flirted with a specific idea and until that night had just kind of sloughed it off as a whim. But now I feel like God is challenging me to step out and risk doing something powerful and unexpected. Wanna know what it is? I'm really stepping out here with this, and am not really sure what sort of Pandora's box I may open. But........

I'm going to write a book!

Not just any book, but a book about myself. Over the years, I have had countless people ask me if I had been burned in a fire and how it happened. When I tell them the short version of the story, they all say the same thing, "That is amazing! You should write a book about that!"
During the message on Thursday night, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I even had chapter titles popping into my head. I will have so many things to do, to perhaps bring this project to reality. I will need to come up with a pretty reasonable sum of money to purchase all of my old medical records & pictures from the Shriner's Burns Hospital. I will want to try to talk to those involved in the initial fire and some who were a part of my life through the years. Plus the whole aspect of the writing itself. Seems like a daunting task. But, if God will's it, he will help provide the means to do it. Now that I've shared my idea, I guess I'll have to follow through, so please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I will most certainly need and desire them.
Let me know if you have any thoughts about this idea. Thanks all and God bless.

No comments: