Sunday, October 26, 2008

My latest Pet Peeve

What gets under your skin? There are so many things to choose from. Well, now I can add one more. There is a new phrase being used these days, and it really gets my hackles up. Actually, it's more of a preamble to someone's declaration of fact. Maybe you've heard it.

"I'm not gonna lie to you...."


Huh?! Why would someone say that? I'm glad that when someone who says this to me, is going to be telling me the truth. But then I wonder if everything else they tell me(or have told me in the past) is a lie. Kind of goofy, don't you think. I have in fact, had someone use this phrase in conversation and had that same person later lie to me. So how do I take them seriously at any time? I sincerely hope that this phrase quickly goes the way of "fer sher dude."



No comments: